What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AAARGH, can't boot into windows AGAIN, different PC!!!

donimo

donimo

I left it on last night, had been running for hours just fone, came down this morning and it was in a reboot loob, gets up to the windows screen sometimes, sometimes not...

I did a windows update a few days back for the printer drivers, monitor and LAN drivers, had some rebooting issues, but always at least got into windows. I uninstalled all 3 and reinstalled from the manufac sites, seemed ok for 2 days, now this

3.0charlie

3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
Another member had the same problem with a Windows Update and reboots... had to remove the updates to have a stable rig once again.

donimo

Another member had the same problem with a Windows Update and reboots... had to remove the updates to have a stable rig once again.
So, as before, how does one remove updates when one cannot get into windows for more than 5 seconds, at best...

3.0charlie

I think the only way is the same one that you found the last time - format and re-install...

donimo

This is too much of a frigging coincidence for me, 2 OC's and 2 of the exact same issue...

Back to stock and I may sell off some of my cooling gear I wont need any longer...

I was fully ok with the chance of chunking some ram or a mobo, but honestly I would rather break a $100 part than waster hours and hours and hours with format reinstals and backups and blah blah

I have never read of these issues from o/cing I know anything is possible, but this is bullshit...

I guess I am just not cut out for this...

3.0charlie

I've been oc'ing for 10 years and never, ever had a software issue. I think this is all related to a FUBAR update. I would try it again; and don't install updates! Or install them one by one, until the rig becomes unstable...

reaverclan

i install them all at once to get over with it but windows tells u what installed and what was successfully and where they live, in your hard drive, if it doest boot with me it gets stuck and i let it go for a couple of minutes with 3 restarts till it does all its fixing crap with its update then windows loads and surprisingly every update iv had made vista ultimate x64 run faster u just have to wait a little for super fetch to get in gear.:thumb:

but no fing OS should u have to do that with thats why i dual boot with xp

donimo

i install them all at once to get over with it but windows tells u what installed and what was successfully and where they live, in your hard drive, if it doest boot with me it gets stuck and i let it go for a couple of minutes with 3 restarts till it does all its fixing crap with its update then windows loads and surprisingly every update iv had made vista ultimate x64 run faster u just have to wait a little for super fetch to get in gear.:thumb:

but no fing OS should u have to do that with thats why i dual boot with xp
I called microsoft and actually am allowed the honour of actual help due to it being an update issue.

I still think I am going to have to reformat/install with is utter horse shit. I dont think not istalling updates is the answer, maybe the one at a time part. But if the one at a time is the one that knock my pc to death then I am SOL anyways, WTF??

Latest posts

Twitter