What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

About time… 4790k -> 12700k

ZeroFlux

Your memory looks like it has a bit of an overclock on that stock score. Your temps are quite nice too.
I’ll re run to be sure, but that was a stock run with nothing on the memory.

Currently working on where I want the cpu to sit. So far All core 5.0 runs real nice with low temps locked at Intel default volts.

I’ll have to let it loose to see if it worth extra volts but I have a feeling that will be no

ZeroFlux

I am finding that I can push the cpu pretty far but the returns are not really worth it compared to 5.0 all core on stock Intel limits.

5.0 all core hits about 60C
5.2 all core hits about 70C
5.4 all core hits about 80C

I am find the gains to be very small from the increases.

I am finding that pushing the 3090 is a better use of my cooling head room.

I was able to get my 3090 to around 2100 on the core with the memory only slightly overclocked.

Maybe try some memory OCing as I’m tired of playing cinebench.

Lysrin

I am finding that pushing the 3090 is a better use of my cooling head room.
That makes sense to me. A few hundred MHz on the CPU when you are already at 5 GHz is certainly bragging rights and boosts benchmark scores, but I'd think getting the 3090 a bit higher would be cooling well spent. Well... it is already a 3090, but still :LOL:

ZeroFlux

What a night, I got everything setup and was looking to fire up some games and… no sound.

Spent 3 hours trying to figure out why my old ASUS D2X stopped working all of a sudden.

Turns out when I updated the mb bios it turn on vt-d which is for virtualization. Once I turned that off sound card was back up and running.

Then to the next issue…

My spinning rust decided to start throwing smart errors.

Can’t win these days.

Had to yank the HD and make sure it’s all backed up before I run some tools on it or send it way for repairs.

Fun times

rjbarker

Looking good.......if you want to pull temps down I was able to shave 10c off my max temps by moving from Adaptive Voltage to Fixed Voltage with a negative offset....
Great PR Score....I had been chasing 15K for awhile now....even on my 9900K....cant quite get there.
Im curious....did you install Armoury Crate?

ZeroFlux

Looking good.......if you want to pull temps down I was able to shave 10c off my max temps by moving from Adaptive Voltage to Fixed Voltage with a negative offset....
Great PR Score....I had been chasing 15K for awhile now....even on my 9900K....cant quite get there.
Im curious....did you install Armoury Crate?
Getting the 3090 up to 2100 in PR is what got me there, and that’s my 24/7 settings. I have more room if pushing numbers is the goal.

Armory… I installed it before realizing what it was. Had I’d know it was massive amount of bloat I wouldn’t have installed it.

Uninstall it doesn’t really remove everything so it would be a fresh install.

So I left it. When I move to windows 11 ill try to not install it. Other than aura which seems to be doing a good job that’s all I really used it for.

crazyea

Getting the 3090 up to 2100 in PR is what got me there, and that’s my 24/7 settings. I have more room if pushing numbers is the goal.

Armory… I installed it before realizing what it was. Had I’d know it was massive amount of bloat I wouldn’t have installed it.

Uninstall it doesn’t really remove everything so it would be a fresh install.

So I left it. When I move to windows 11 ill try to not install it. Other than aura which seems to be doing a good job that’s all I really used it for.
There is an armory uninstall tool on Asus website.

Latest posts

Twitter