What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

About time… 4790k -> 12700k

rjbarker

Yeah my final test for stability (as I simply dont have the patience anymore to run thru hours n hours of testing), would be to simply use your PC for everyday stuff....and gaming....all working fine...no Crashes or hard locks consider it good ;)

I always found that when going thru multiple marathon stability testing with multiple tests....one would always crash....no matter what...all others good, then that one...I always challenge people to run Intel Burn Test (Linpack) an absolute killer ;)

MacJunky

There have been times with overclocks on my 4770k that I found encoding video with Sony Vegas would lock up my computer when other testing tools ran just fine. Kinda sucked the first time I found that out though!

ZeroFlux

Always love when you think everything is perfect then something randomly crashes and makes you wonder what that was about.

With my 2080, the RT cores would crash well before the regular cores.

So it would over clock like a beast and be 100% stable until it hit that perfect situation where the RT cores got pushed just right.

ZeroFlux

Small update, 2 140ML fans added but then found out my Corsair commander requires a lightning node to light the fans 🤦‍♂️

792305ED-3E40-4AFA-9E4A-5B802BC9994C.jpeg

So waiting on a lighting node so I can light up those fans

sswilson

Staff member
Corsair stuff does look good for lighting, but man they sure make you pay for it.

Yeah. Not only that, depending on how many different models of RGB devices you have, you often have to stack multiple lighting controllers as you can only control one model per lighting channel (different models for the most part can't be mixed on the same channel).

Most of my RGB is Corsair so I appreciate being able to use iCue for full system control, but you're right.... it does start to get expensive.... :)

ZeroFlux

Yeah. Not only that, depending on how many different models of RGB devices you have, you often have to stack multiple lighting controllers as you can only control one model per lighting channel (different models for the most part can't be mixed on the same channel).

Most of my RGB is Corsair so I appreciate being able to use iCue for full system control, but you're right.... it does start to get expensive.... :)

I am so the other way. I have aura for everything but these 2 fans 🤪

But, if I ever go Corsair I now have a commander pro and a commander XT so tons of fan channels and lighting channels

ZeroFlux

I may have just a few fan headers

I am using 1 on the MB to read the pump and now have

Commander Pro
Commander XT

So that’s 12 fan headers…

1D324437-3688-49BF-9D19-BEBCBF89AA5D.jpeg

But the the new fans are now super bright

E7AC88DD-7D42-4D27-87AE-6FD1B65E903A.jpeg
AB2683FF-2F97-43FC-B461-0B246E578186.jpeg

Latest posts