What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AC Water Chiller project

M

Misoprostol

my pump is not submersible. It's the one that Drewmeister recommends in the guide that you probably followed to make this chiller.

I don't see it anywhere, but I'm probably not the only person to wonder this... What water block are you using?

Last edited:

sizerkozak

my pump is not submersible. It's the one that Drewmeister recommends in the guide that you probably followed to make this chiller.

I don't see it anywhere, but I'm probably not the only person to wonder this... What water block are you using?

Guide? what guide?

I used a danger den block

M

Misoprostol

Hey it's an older thread at this point, but a couple words of caution:

I used a Danger Den TDX Universal. Basically it has a lucite top covered by a metal mounting plate. After about a month of using my chiller it started to develop little micro cracks in it. It never leaked, but I pulled it once I noticed. I've pulled it from the chiller and switched to a Swiftech APOGEE for now. I'll let you know if I have better results once I get that set up.

Don't use Arctic Silver 5 for sub cooling. It becomes far less effective once you reach about 0C I think was what I heard. Ceramique is the TIM of choice for most low temperature projects that I've heard of.

Patriote

yupper its at XS as well !!

And you know its actually pretty quiet under the desk ....since its mounted in an isulated box...only a bit of fan noise comes thru

Sweet! You should start to manufacture those things! :rofl:

How far have you been able to Oc you QX6700 with that chiller ?

Latest posts

Twitter