What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Access Point recommendations

grinder

cheers peeps!

Want something fast. Can also be a wireless router with the option of running it as an AP.

Have an ASUS-AC3100. Getting 115 (ish) Mbps

Wondering if there is anything faster.

Cptn Vortex

Most people will point you in the direction of Ubiquiti. It is decent hardware for the price. If you only need one you can set it up as stand-alone mode which is very simple, but if you want to create a mesh network you'd need to set up a controller application on a PC/Server or get a Cloud-Key hardware controller.

Dwayne

I picked up the Netgear Orbi RBR20 Router and RBS20 satellite Mesh setup . Looking online it can be set as an AP. In the room with the Router my Samsung A71 gets around 290 - 300 Mbps according to Speedtest. Our internet is Shaw Gigabit and wired I see around 800 - 900 Gbps. Upstairs when I am in the room with the satellite I am getting the same. We are very happy with the setup. It has some drop off through walls, as expected, but the overall experience has been great.

Edit: forgot to add, I did contact Shaw to put their modem into bridge, it that info helps too.

Izerous

Folding Team
I'm still really happy with how easy the google wifi was to setup, depending on what admin control you actually need.

150 connection and I can easily get 150 down 120 up on my laptop with things running like music streaming etc. And I have enough coverage for the whole 1/4acre lot can stream music from anywhere within my property lines without issue. It is ideal to hardline the slave nodes to the master if you can though.

inter-network speeds are better

grinder

thx! I'll dig into some WiFi 6 models and see where that road takes. me.

rjbarker

^^^^ Although WiFi 6 .ax is the newest standard, everything Im reading says very few devices are .ax capable, although I did just purchase a new Asus AX88U (WiFi 6 capable) to build my Home Network around.