What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Acer Nitro 5

Biff73

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Good call I'd say, tbh I'm completely shocked by how few ryzen laptops there are out there, especially considering how much power they can get for so little wattage. Ex: I though my lovely little 5350 AM1 apu was pretty efficient. 2.0ghz x4 cores plus a more-than-sufficient radeon r3 onboard graphics, all fitting inside 25w. But even a last-gen Ryzen 2500u does 4 cores/8 threads at the same freq, has a massively more powerful vega 8 onboard gpu and other advancements.. in 15w. Anyone that says moores law doesnt apply anymore might wanna double-check, because I still see lots of advancement - bravo amd for continuing to push.

For the nitro specifically I quite like the design, but what made you choose it and what were your other options? Curious since ive dived headfirst back into the laptop/mobile category recently too.

Biff73

For its price it definitely delivers more performance than expected,it can deliver 105fps GTA V 1080P high settings & actually does'nt run hot,good buy if you ask me

CMetaphor

Quadfather
For its price it definitely delivers more performance than expected,it can deliver 105fps GTA V 1080P high settings & actually does'nt run hot,good buy if you ask me
Very nice. How about the onboard GPU performance? The 3500H is the mobile Ryzen that most interests me, I've been looking at laptops with it for some time, wondering if that vega onboard can handle some gaming and if so, what the frame rate would be. Would you mind trying the gta5 benchmark using it? Would be very kind of you. Also, how are the thermals in that laptop? How well do you think it would handle some OC and/or undercoating/custom power profiles?