What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

ADATA vs Intel

sakage.shinga

Hi guys,

I've never owned a SSD before and thought it's time to start with my new rig. I just ordered a pair of ADATA SX900 256GB SSD from NCIX for a total $310, which I think is a good deal. HOWEVER, I read after the fact that ADATA is using Sandforce controllers that are substandard? Also saw something about ADATA ditching reliability to squeeze out an extra 16GB (as opposed to 240GB industry standard)?

Anyway, after reading all this, I'm considering canceling my order and just buy a single Intel 530 Series 240GB for my OS + apps + select games.

Thoughts?

sakage.shinga

See this thread. Basically, everything breaks so I think the RMA process should be factored into the buying decision. Are they going to ding you for cancelling the order?

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/storage/63993-adata-ssd-other-suggestions.html
I don't think so. There's a 15% restocking fee if I had opened the packaging, but I haven't.

I think I'll go with Crucial M500, might get the 480GB version to load OS and a few select games that I play consistently. I'll install a 2TB Caviar Black for the other games.

Latest posts

Twitter