What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Add in SATA 3 card

TopDogZero

Hey guys I'm looking in to getting the Patriot Pyro 60GB SATA3 SSD, but I was wondering since my system is SATA2 should I get a PCI-e SATA3 controller card? Would the extra bandwidth make any difference in system responsiveness? I don’t care too much about maximum throughput as I won’t be copying large files back and forth from the drive, it’s just going to be for my OS and most used apps, also is there problems with booting from add in controller cards? Your comments would be appreciated.

LarkStarr

I wouldn't bother, I don't believe there's any benefit other then pure throughput.

AkG

That card...like all others wont pass on TRIM. Take a look at the Corsair Perf 3 256 review and the non trim enviro testing. Now make the numbers worse as the 60s are slower than the 120s which are slower than the 240s...then make it slower again as the Pyro is a ONFi 1 based unit not ONFi 2.

SF gen 2s like SF gen 1 SSDs are a less than optimal choice for non trim enviro. Take the hit to performance and run it on the SATA 2 ports...or get a Intel 320 or other SATA 2 ssd. ;)

TopDogZero

Thanks AKG I did not even think about it messing up TRIM, it’s an absolute no go for me then, I’ll just use onboard SATA2.

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Latest posts

Twitter