What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Adding a second kit of ram introduced instability

supaflyx3

I have a gigabyte ax370 gaming k7 & ryzen 7, with initially 16gb of DDR4-3200 CL16 TridentZ RGB. My system was rock stable until I added another identical 16gb kit. Now games crash regularly, and my PC reboots a couple times a day. This is the error I find in the event log. "Performance power management features on processor 12 in group 0 are disabled due to a firmware problem. Check with the computer manufacturer for updated firmware." One error for each core of my CPU, I'm running the latest bios provided by gigabutt. My OC is 3.8ghz @ 1.35v, and ram is running at rated speeds (3200mhz CL16). Am I missing a setting in the bios that helps with stability for 4 DIMMs on ryzen? TIA.

sswilson

Staff member
You can try bumping up the Ram voltage up a notch or two. In the old days we'd tell you to bump the NB voltage up a bit to compensate for the extra load, but lord knows what would be the equivalent voltage on a current board.

LarkStarr

Beyond the extra voltage, you could try to increase the timings jusssssstt slightly. But I suspect the extra juice will solve your issue.

supaflyx3

I found a newer bios, and changed the command rate to 2T. So far so good but I haven't tried gaming yet.

Twitter