What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AIO vs Custom Loop

sswilson

Staff member
I've been more than happy with my MLs, and they're still going strong several years on. One thing to keep in mind is to not get too hung up on max RPM of the fans you're choosing... any of the fans I've played with recently start getting stupidly loud once you start pushing them into the higher RPMs. My MLs will push 2400 RPM but seriously, anything above 15-1600 RPM is just obnoxiously loud without much in the way of better cooling performance.

Cptn Vortex

Yup good spec on paper but definitely not in practice. In open air they move air OK and and they are very silent, however throw them literally anywhere in the case and they have barely any power to move air at all.

danmitch1

Wow, screw the arctics then! Id love to buy some ml's but too pricey.
True enough about max rpms, static pressure is more important though on rads.

Marzipan

Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canuckistan
I bought the 5 pack of those Arctic fans as well and can say they aren't that good either. I had them for my mining racks and my GPU's were always hot as hell and then I bought a pack to put in a case...case isn't exactly cool either. they're in a Corsair 270R, 2 up front, 2 up top and one exhaust...mveh!

you've got to pay for them...but honestly, it's all about Noctua, LoL!

sswilson

Staff member
I know the MLs are a bit pricey but don't forget that you can get a pair of the non-pro ones for around $40 so they end up being about $20 each.

edit... Just so happens that one of our long term members has 4 MLs up for sale.... :)

danmitch1

As Sswilson suggested, I'm trying for 10e's used ml120. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
I'll keep my fingers crossed that you got in early enough as well :) . I've gotten at least one great deal out of 10e over the years ( 1366 980X processor) and highly recommend him as a seller.

Latest posts