What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Air Intake for new build with AIO

dave343

Tested out R6 Siege, now getting temps between 57-59c, this is with the boost clock steady at 4.2 during game play. MUCH much better 😁

KaptCrunch

two of them (when tests were done in series been re-plumbed to parallel)
Have to be careful with parallel set-up for need to calibrate each block to find the lowest flow then set rest to that flow for flow will take (favor the least resistance block) to one block in multi block parallel loop an rob flow from rest this why people take to series loop for no extra thought building loop for flow be set by least flowing block of loop.

With parallel loop notice loop temp dropped a bit and system temps change for lower temps cross loop

On here have pictures of a parrelle set up with rad mounted on outside of case with new software hard to find, comments were what a rat's nest for lots of tubing 3block loop

Last edited:

Lysrin

Tested out R6 Siege, now getting temps between 57-59c, this is with the boost clock steady at 4.2 during game play. MUCH much better 😁
Much more relaxing temps! Well done. It'd be interesting to know what you get running a stress test like Prime95 or similar too, rather than just R6 Siege.

clshades

Do you have room for push/pull? Add 3 more fans to the other side of the rad? My internal air temp dropped significantly after I did that, as did the rad temp. The only time you’ll see high temps is gaming or benching. Surfing the net I could turn my fans to nearly to 600rpm

clshades

I'll take that under advisement Kapt! 😁

But I do wonder about clshades' 40C under load. I have never seen that low a CPU load temp....
I had a dual 360 rad both in push/pull setup. Seems since the site changed all my old photos are gone hehe. I ran rad to rad to cpu to motherboard to vid back to rads. 12 fans on the rads. 2 intake on the front for hard drives and motherboard. Single exhaust. Even a dual or triple AIO with push/pull should easily keep an overclocked cpu under 60 no problem.

Like I say... I pumped as much room air into my computer as possible and had incredibly low temps. My idle temps in winter were 20c average. Vid card never went over 40-50c. About a year ago Lowfat and myself posted on a long thread about this very discussion and we both pretty much proved to everyone that lower temps come from more fresh air and positive pressure.

Running more exhaust than intake is called negative pressure and it just doesn't work as well. I guarantee that hot air will be forced out of the case through every conceivable hole in the case including the exhaust fan. It's definitely worth trying. Personally I only do one exhaust and everything else in basically forcing the hot air out in any direction it wants to go.

One of these would work to get a basic inside temp https://www.amazon.ca/Thermometer-Temperature-Aquarium-Incubator-Greenhouse/dp/B07TXPYKMK/ref=sr_1_17?keywords=led+temperature+sensor&qid=1569003527&s=gateway&sr=8-17

Dazmode has some stuff and there's other USB type stuff on amazon for cheap.

Izerous

I did push pull on 1 radiator vs taking those fans and spreading them accross 2 rads and it was no contest, extra surface area won over less surfance area but extra fans. I think fan choise has a lot to do with it though, Push/Pull makes a bigger difference with fans struggling with static pressure since the one on the other side can help overcome the pressure issues.

clshades

I did push pull on 1 radiator vs taking those fans and spreading them accross 2 rads and it was no contest, extra surface area won over less surfance area but extra fans. I think fan choise has a lot to do with it though, Push/Pull makes a bigger difference with fans struggling with static pressure since the one on the other side can help overcome the pressure issues.
Low FPI rads help too.

dave343

Noticed, although not surprised, that when I put the top air filter on, as well the front air filter, temps during R6 gameplay increased 3-4c to about 62-63 steady.

Ran Cinebench, temp tops at 65c, however the turbo boost isn't high and in fact holding steady at 3.95ghz. Prime95, small FFT, after 10 minutes cpu temp steady at 64c, however there is no turbo boost happening, it's staying at 3.6ghz, 100% cpu usage. In Rainbow Six, temps after 1/2hr are steady at 57c, and boost clock steady at 4.2.

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Twitter