What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Airflow restrictions / rebuild of external cooler

KaptCrunch

I mentioned in the begging my box idea was the problem, and it is why my revision 2 idea forces air front the front and out the top. But I don't want togo through the effort of building all of this again to have made the choke point way too small.
can you show what you have ?

so i'm not clued in for a pic is a thousands words

are you doing all water cooling in same case or a sister case (outside of main case) stane alone

Izerous

Folding Team
Both raditors are sitting in the black case. Airflow within the case turned out to be a bad idea and not working as intended and not venting upwards as I expected. I have run stress tests outside the encolusre that were as low as 5'c over ambient with fans on full speed with hours of synthetic loads. The radiators work, just not in the box.

KaptCrunch

Both raditors are sitting in the black case. Airflow within the case turned out to be a bad idea and not working as intended and not venting upwards as I expected. I have run stress tests outside the encolusre that were as low as 5'c over ambient with fans on full speed with hours of synthetic loads. The radiators work, just not in the box.
trip to hardware store

and buy alu window screening cut window on intake and same for exit, enough to screw trim outer edge of screen to stay on cover an paint screen gloss black, thin layers per coat.

note intake air must be sealed to one side of rad/s and same with exit to other screen, weather closed foam stripping helps to air tight flow through rad

Last edited:

KaptCrunch

issue not enough air change over rad/s

I'd cut open a window on inlet and exit cover that matches your rad/fan shouding to window and use alu window screening an paint high glow black many thin coats after making screen coverings. you didn't say wood or metal case

wood: staplers and thick cardboard folded in screen
metal: strip of tin folded in screen and screw or pop rivet to cover inside and pop outside cover

Latest posts

Twitter