What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Airline cancels German family's vacation after member jokes about terrorism at airpor

_dangtx_

Banned
Airline cancels German family's vacation after member jokes about terrorism at airport - Yahoo! Canada News

Tue Jan 5, 11:38 AM By The Associated Press

BERLIN - A German man was temporarily detained at Stuttgart airport on Tuesday after he repeatedly told security personnel that he had explosives in his underwear, police said.
The 42-year-old man apparently was joking about the failed attempt by a Nigerian man to blow up a jetliner bound for Detroit on Christmas Day by igniting explosives concealed in his underwear.
Police said a full body search of the German man did not turn up any explosives. However, Tuifly airline refused to let the man, his wife and daughter board the plane to Egypt, where they planned a vacation.
The police said in a statement that the family would not be refunded for the cost of their cancelled trip and could "expect a fine of up to C1,000 ($1,444) ... and possible costs for the police operation."
The names of the man, his wife and daughter were withheld in accordance with German privacy laws.

how stupid can one get ..lol? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

miggs78

The rest of the family doesn't deserve this, but the man himself really does, what an idiot really, why would you want to joke like that, and not only once, but repeatedly.

encorp

Years ago, before Sept 11 even, I was drunk as shit going through an airport terminal and they pulled my bags aside; to which I commented "what do you think i'm smuggling foreigners and bombs aboard?" annnnnd spent 9 hours being accosted in a room.

_dangtx_

Banned
a while back i went to europe. pops happened to make a joke about my beard, something in the lines of 'you look like a terrorist..haha' at wich point all cameras were pointing at me lol..airport cameras....besides a white latex glove jobbe, they checked all....

belgolas

Well both are stupid. Let the family go on there vacation as no harm was done and certainly don't fine the man. Airport security is a joke. If someone was serious enough to cause harm they would just blow up the waiting line before they check your bags. Guaranteed to kill at least 200 people with the right explosives.

misterlarry

The old "boom boom in the jock strap" is bound to bomb these days. Tough crowds at airports. I would not want to be him on the drive home from the airport. It might be a little frosty on the home front for the next little while (or a few years). Numbskull.

:doh: :doh: :doh:

0o0

Banned
those guys can never catch a real terrorist, but they sure do catch a lot of innocent people (even though they may be quite stupid)... makes me wonder what would happen if we didn't have so much security? maybe less terrorism?:haha:

it may be possible though, if I were that stupid (maybe I am:ph34r:) and that happened to me, I may just be outraged enough to come back as a real terrorist to that airport with real bombs in my underwear. supposing they let me come back of course:bleh:

I've got a feeling that's how lots of criminals are created, pissed off and wanted revenge.. 2 wrongs don't make a right, judge! didn't your stupid over-paid grade 2 teacher hammer that into your head?:haha:

Latest posts

Twitter