What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Airplane Headphone Adapter

miggs78

Hello friends, like the heading says.

You know most of the international airlines use the 2 pin jack plugin for the headphones, I'm not used to do the headphones that they give out in the airplane, would like to use my own headphones.

Any idea where I can get them from, looked at couple different places and sold out. I would rather just buy a jack converter rather than a new pair of headphones w/ an adapter.

edit: will this work DealExtreme: $1.13 3.5mm Splitter Plug..

Thanks.

Bapadaboopy

miggs78

Well phobes it is kind of hard to say, the picture isn't clear.

Electrohome Airplane Headphone Adaptor at Memory Express Computers

That's exactly what I am looking for. I remember back 6 years ago when I flew, airlines like emirates, air canada (yea even AC) had those 2 pin plugs, I even have one of those air canada clip style headphones, just not my kind.

I did see a very tempting Phillips noise cancelling headphones for under $60 on sale, which did include the adapter, unfortunately out of stock. I searched dealextreme (link).. they have tons of stuff, just unable to find.

Thanks Phobes, btw good to see you around :thumb:

miggs78

Do you mean it is the same thing to that dealextreme link, I was wondering if that would actually work in an airplane. What I am looking for is memory express link.

Sorry for confusion.

miggs78

Ok confusion then, sorry bro.
I dropped into Source for the hek of it, sales people were very helpful, after few minutes of checking on the web, and ideas.. one of the sales guys clicked it, sold me a Y adapter for $2.50.. sweet deal.. Only thing he said if it's mono sound instead of stereo it might not work..

I might even buy a pair of good on ear headphones that come with one of those adapters just in case, when almost time to go, and return if doesn't work, or if the headphones are junk..

Silvgearx

i personally don't like movie there playing on the plane. its usually some many months old and low box office movies :blarg:

i won't even bother buying the headphones from air canada just to watch some lame shitz on a domestic flight :whistle:

as for entertainment bring your NDS, PSP or even laptops :thumb:

your better off paying for the blankie or the headrest :rofl::rofl:

Latest posts