What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Alder Lake Build w Asus Apex - DDR5 Dominator & 3080Ti FTW3 Under Water ..Done!

ZeroFlux

What a day, I got my parts, tested and put the the mb in. Re did the loop, symtatted leak testing, then came here to post a msg an hour ago.

Well, when I was looking at the rig for leaks I noticed something… well, I cleaned the cpu block, and in my craziness decided to mount the cold plate sideways.

So I had to take it all apart again to fix the cold plate.

There was a lot of cursing 🤬 and the worst thing was I was actively making sure I did not do this because I have done it before.

Nope, kids and dog distracted me, I turned the block by accident and side ways cold plate.

It’s now leak testing again so I can thank these forms because had I not wanted to post a picture I would have noticed this well into my testing when the temps sucked.

so thank you 😊 for helping find my issue.

EF893490-EA13-4507-8284-5FF942D2ACF7.jpeg

rjbarker

Call this one done.....dropped maybe 10c off my cores with my loop vs 100i....a bit more on some cores...have a few that still run a bit warmer than I thought they would....

Not sure how critical it is to tighten the V2 down to 0.6Nm...I generally tighten the blocks "very firmly"...I would think Im well beyond that.

Needed some more EK Cryo Concentrate so ordered the EK Torx screwdriver (was cheap) along with some coolant.

GPU temp seems a few degrees warmer that prior to this re-build, but could be due to the 12900k generating more heat than the 9900K.

Got to figure out how to sync all my led / rgb...although the Asus Aura software seems to work on W11, it doesnt recognize the Dominator RAM....when it was on my bench I tried the Corsair iCue Software, funny it didnt recognize the RAM kit either, not without disabling something in the BIOS.
The corsair iCue also didnt see my 3080Ti.....

Would be nice to have one solution for the led / rgb, will have to play around with it....not a fan of the Unicorn Rainbows shitting candy floss look ;)

IMG_6656.jpeg

IMG_6658.jpeg

IMG_6662.jpeg

IMG_6663.jpeg

ZkIVyJA.jpg

Thanks for checking out this project.....next up have my 9900K set up on my bench / table....going to "play" it a bit....think I may look at a new case and throw it all in there along with AX1200i.....

Attachments

• IMG_6656.jpeg
    IMG_6656.jpeg
    273.7 KB · Views: 7

rjbarker

I don't understand the loop order. I can't work it out.

Are you referring to the order on mine ? If so:

Pump Rez (combo) - CPU - 480 - GPU - 360 - 240 - Pump Rez

btw..re-installed the latest n last version of Asus Aura....can operate everything (at least make everything a single color), except for Dominator RAM.....I'm quite sure the latest Aura incorporated in Armory Crate would probably work, but dont want to introduce that into this build.

Also played around with a "quick n dirty" all P Core 5.2 E-Core 4.0 last night (in IXTU not BIOS)....had to set voltage offset to -.050v and still managed to get a couple of cores to 90c....gonna have to spend some time at it...perhaps a fixed voltage over Adaptive + Offset....

First time I have exceeded 22K GPU in TS

https://www.3dmark.com/spy/25697121

Last edited:

Latest posts