What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Alienware Graphics Amplifier

AmuseMe

Hey everyone,
I have an Alienware Graphics Amplifier that I have had for a little over four years now. I've never used it, and it's just been sitting in the closet since I received it. Are these things still being used? Are they worth anything?

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Unfortunately Dell in its infinite cheapness and lameness has not stretched the unique connector of the graphics amplifier to any new models in the last 2+ years, so it's starting value of 200-250 is probably more like 150 or less now. It still works okay, but tbh if you want you sell it, sell it soon or keep it forever to boost up whatever device you've got for a long time. I'm doing the latter with mine. Good luck.

KaptCrunch

Looks to me is for SLi / cross fire for dell has only 1 graphic slot on MB.
A cabinet with PSU and mini PCi slot card and special cable to link. pritaritory hardware Dell only?

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
@KaptCrunch It's for Alienware laptops only, with a proprietary cable and socket. It works similarly to a Thunderbolt 3 enclosure, but is only for graphics cards without any other ports. It usually outperforms TB3 enclosures in most games by about 10% at 1440p.

@AmuseMe They're still available new at Bestbuy for $300, so I'm sure there's some value to it. Probably around $200-225 would get you a fairly quick sale.

ThoMiCroN

If you don't want it I would gladly buy it from you, provided it still has the proprietary cable.

Izerous

Folding Team
The whole Dell only thing kills it. The alternative versions being thunder bolt etc can actually make for nice docking stations and server just a more general audience

Latest posts