What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Am I missing something?

Lukas

Hey guys!

I’m looking to build a new PC and sourced all the parts. Upon looking around I found this pre-built that had very similar components to what I was planning to buy, the only difference is that my total was factoring in a Ryzen 5 1600 af, while this prebuilt is using a Ryzen 5 3600. Why would I not buy this and save myself some money while getting more value than the components I was gonna use, unless am I missing something? D19196D5-2FA2-46CE-8971-5B62CD5ED58B.pngDB1758D7-7E37-42CE-93C3-A5F9F37B89CE.pngAAADD708-A4AD-481D-B975-DC8FCA6DCD71.png

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Notice how there are no details for the PSU, SSD, HDD and more? Probably means they're the cheapest possible.

Also, a 1660 is an okay middle GPU, but in no way a top-end one. You'd be better off with a used 1070/1070ti imo.

Most people build and buy their own custom PCs do they know exactly what parts are going into it. Everyone has their own focus on their builds. Example: Do you want future proofing? Check the motherboard. A 4xx and 5xx AMD chipset will likely support the next generation CPUs, with the 5xx definitely so and possibly supporting a generation beyond that (depending on how long it takes ddr5/6 to replace ddr4 en masse).

In the end, it's up to you. No one can decide how to spend your money but you, and only you can decide how to compromise and where.

Good luck

moocow

Don't be surprised if it's using A320 or B550A in there. The picture got ADATA RAM in there but the product description doesn't say so explicitly. So like CM said, you are probably looking at generic PSU, SSD without DRAM or worst QLC drive as primary, and some kind of Green HDD.

Lukas

Notice how there are no details for the PSU, SSD, HDD and more? Probably means they're the cheapest possible.

Also, a 1660 is an okay middle GPU, but in no way a top-end one. You'd be better off with a used 1070/1070ti imo.

Most people build and buy their own custom PCs do they know exactly what parts are going into it. Everyone has their own focus on their builds. Example: Do you want future proofing? Check the motherboard. A 4xx and 5xx AMD chipset will likely support the next generation CPUs, with the 5xx definitely so and possibly supporting a generation beyond that (depending on how long it takes ddr5/6 to replace ddr4 en masse).

In the end, it's up to you. No one can decide how to spend your money but you, and only you can decide how to compromise and where.

Good luck
I was looking at getting the X570 for my mobo, do you think that would be a good place to start? Also I’ve been hearing a lot about right now being a terrible time to build a PC because of next gen components coming out and people wanting to upgrade so good used parts will be available. I just feel like if you always just keep waiting you’ll never get your build done, you know? I’d love to hear your opinion on this.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
I was looking at getting the X570 for my mobo, do you think that would be a good place to start? Also I’ve been hearing a lot about right now being a terrible time to build a PC because of next gen components coming out and people wanting to upgrade so good used parts will be available. I just feel like if you always just keep waiting you’ll never get your build done, you know? I’d love to hear your opinion on this.

Its always a struggle. Wait and there is always something new coming down the pipe, buy now, and something new comes down the pipe. There is a small window after new tech comes out that the used market can be good value. The window was much larger in years past for good value, but we're not seeing big increases in technology generationally any more. That being said you're still ending up with 'last gens' tech even if you do that, you just waited longer and paid a bit less for it.

I'm building a family friend a PC. I'm not waiting, the kid is 10, and hes dying for the PC. So hes getting a 3300x, B550 (maybe 450, since I dont expect he'll be upgrading the processor to 4 series), and a RTX 2060 KO. Hes going to be super stoked about it, and have it next week instead of next fall if I waited on the (4300x?) and RTX 3k.

TLDR: Buy when you need to buy. If you're always looking forward you'll never end up with anything.

JD

Staff member
In a lot of cases prebuilts are cheaper for something pretty close to what you might buy separately, especially if you keep an eye on Dell and Lenovo sales, you can usually get a pretty decent gaming rig for cheaper than the parts are if you did it yourself.

From what I can see from other sites selling the same model, it's a B450 motherboard. Looks like they may have their own brand of power supply since the cases are also unique.

Cyberpower PC has been around for quite a while now, so I'd say it's a relatively safe purchase. It's not some small fly-by-night company. You should at least have a 1yr warranty on everything as well.

MARSTG

I have a 1660 Super AND a 1070 and for 1080p gaming there is no difference between them.

CMetaphor

Quadfather
I have a 1660 Super AND a 1070 and for 1080p gaming there is no difference between them.

Most benches say a 10% or so performance boost for a 1070, but regardless, it'll be way way cheaper. Find a used EVGA or other with a long/lifetime warranty and you've saved a nice amount 👍

Latest posts