What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AM2 4200 vs. e6600?

ragenrok

lol, i have just realized something, I still havent done my income tax so thats what im doing today. My final desicision will be determined by the amount i get back lol. If i get enough back I'll grab a conroe board and a new e6600, if not I'll grab that biostar board and the heatsink that was suggested with it :biggrin: So hears hoping for a rebate of around $400-$500

Eldonko

If you go C2D and are waiting for your return, the way to go is DFI P965 Dark, should be avail in Canada shortly (likely ncix gets it 1st).

sswilson

Staff member
If you go C2D and are waiting for your return, the way to go is DFI P965 Dark, should be avail in Canada shortly (likely ncix gets it 1st).

Is there much info out on this board yet?

I might be interested if I can find out what kind of bios settings its got. (I'm assuming from the name that it's a 965 chipset).

Eldonko

Some Taiwanese friends have em now and they are avail in the US in a few places (ewiz) so yeah there are results up. Max FSB is huge 550+ and benches are quite a bit faster than any other 965 chipset boards out there. Here is a test run hicookie did, 12minute 32M @ 4G is hella fast.

E67_10x400_SPI32m_12m03s687ms.gif

OPB has a detailed thread @ ocx if you want to see the bios and good board pics. The Official DFI P965 Dark Deep Discussion thread - OCXtreme.org Forums

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
Wow.... if folks don't report too many problems with this board I may have found what I want when I replace this asrock.

ragenrok

lol well here's some good news. I had my taxes done for me yesterday, and I'm getting back a small chunk of change, $711 :clap: So im defenatly grabbing myself a new e6600 cpu. Ill keep that mobo in mind, any other good mobos for OC'ing as well as a good air heatsink to OC with?

sswilson

Staff member
Well, it is an older chipset (965) so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it'll be marketed along the same lines as the ultra-D was. (not cheap, but not at the highest end either).

ragenrok

Ok, well I went with a ASUS P5N32-E SLI Plus motherboard, a e6600 cpu and a zalman CNPS9700NT heatsink. lol the waiting for directcanada to check product availability is killing me :bleh: They take forever compared to ncix lol.

Latest posts

Twitter