What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AM2 4200 vs. e6600?

Eldonko

Cool, looks like a good deal, wonder when they will get em in stock though. Ive been using RD600 for a while now, cant believe they still have that @ $300.. :eek:

sswilson

Staff member
They were saying "mumblings about end of month" on the ncix forums, but we'll see. :)

I don't have the cash in hand yet anywise so I don't mind waiting a couple of weeks.

As far as the RD600 goes.... they're still crazy expensive around here as well and I doubt they shipped enough of them to lower the cost of production so I don't expect to see a big drop any time soon.

sswilson

Staff member
Nope, it's 16X + 4X IIRC. (crossfire).

Seems to me that there is something funky about the way crossfire works which allows the secondary slot to be 4X without affecting the crossfire performance.

b1lk1

It does effect performance, but not by more than 10% over a board with dual 8X slots. You really only notice as the resolutions climb too.

Latest posts

Twitter