What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

Amazon budget TKL keyboards?

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
And I can tell you the Gateron Browns I'm currently using are significantly quieter than the MX-Speeds on my K63 or MX-Reds I've had before.

G

Logitech's Romer switch's are pretty quiet IMO, mind you I find them comparable to a membrane feel.
Orings will kill alot of that bottoming out sound, literally just finished installing a set of orings on my Asus Flare KB with Browns. way quieter.
I have done MX reds, blues, browns, silvers ( way too touchy for me )
Romers and 2 cheapo blue sets.

I love the feel of blues but same as you wife hates them.

TBH browns with a nice set of silicone orings, rubber tends to harden after time, are my favorites outside of blues.

EDIT: Forgot about Blacks moocow, TYVM, again have a cheapo set in a Chinese KB, they are dead silent, that said hated the keyboard so off to the spare parts room it went.

Urotsukidoji

Once stores re-open in Ontario, it might be worth going to CC/MemExpress and just try them out in the store. Some stores even have a little test block with all the switches and a single key of each.
That was my thought as well.

... if going old style Membrane, looks like these are the popular choices:

Razer Cynosa Chroma
Razer Cynosa V2
HyperX Alloy Core
Redragon K512 Shiva
SteelSeries Apex 3

Latest posts

Twitter