What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AMD’s Ryzen 7000 Design Is Going to be AMAZING!

Gav

Administrator
Staff member
Folding Team

Hey! get some CPU news up here. A couple of days ago, Gamers nexus revealed some of the leaks they received for AMD’s upcoming AM5 platform. He showed them to us to draw a comparison to other leaks currently circulating about the AM5 socket and its configuration. Specifically, the amount of pci-e lanes on the CPU which is different between the current information and what he received about a year ago.

Now that’s fine, AMD might have changed something, in fact Steve thinks the current information is more likely accurate. But then he showed this little guy. A block diagram of AMD’s CPU layout for Raphael, aka the next step in the Zen architecture.

Now as we kind of have come to accept, it looks like Ryzen 7000 or whatever mainstream name AMD gives to the Zen 4 architecture, Ryzen 7000 will have a max of 16 core and 32 threads. The dies / CCD’s are still 8 cores and we don't see a third die here. We can see the codename which was Durango, but what actually got my interest is this right here. The IO die.

So for the Core chiplets, AMD evolved their process from 7nm to 7nm+, as for the IO die, AMD stuck with a larger 12nm process. Well, it looks like for zen 4, its going to go down to a 7nm + process. How can I say that?

Well, the IO Die seems to have been planned to house the integrated graphics! Also, if this releases in 2022, It would make sense for it to have RDNA 2 graphics which also are on 7nm+. This could also mean that every single Ryzen model from AMD could have integrated graphics!

moocow

Could be the old man in me starting to surface but I found the zoom in and zoom out for no reason on the person very annoying. Otherwise, good video.

FreeKnight

Could be the old man in me starting to surface but I found the zoom in and zoom out for no reason on the person very annoying. Otherwise, good video.
I find the boot sequence videos in general a little to annoying and hype-y so I've skipped the vast majority of them. I watch almost all the other HWC content but boot sequence just doesn't do it for me.

moocow

I find the boot sequence videos in general a little to annoying and hype-y so I've skipped the vast majority of them.
Presentation style is really subjective. Compare LTT, Bitwit, Paul's Hardware, GN, MLID, and UDF Tech and some will appeal to you while some don't. There are aspects that I don't like and some do and it also applies to HWC videos. In general, the hard numbers / benchmarks are kind of thin compare to HWUB and GN but I think that's the intention. HWUB, GN, MLID (especially Broken Silicon series), and TechTechPotato can be very dry and long.

gingerbee

yup moocow hit the nail, I like LTT/HWC/GN/TechYesCity and TechTechPotato are my go too's and sometimes UFDTech/BitWit.

I am not a fan of boot/unboxed/Marques Brownlee/Paulshardware. never heard of Moore's law is dead, I think that's who MILD is ???

OliviaKay222

if amd's new gpu is a chip based gpu, then i could see that being a apu with a rnda2 chip and zen cpu chip.

Latest posts

Twitter