What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AMD 11.6 weird issue

JerryZ

I installed 11.6 drivers a few days ago. This morning I boot up my pc and get no display but a weird

coloredline on my screen. I tried another spare hard drive and windows installation was fine with display.

I'mrunning my primary display off an SSD and safe mode/last known good config did not work. So the

weirdthing is that I can only get display if I start hitting ctrl+alt+del really fast after windows logo. If I

don't dothat I just get this weird colored line on screen. When I do get into windows I had errors

reloading amd 11.6 drivers and got blue screen only once. I ended installing the previous drivers from

AMD and it still doesthe same thing. Has anyone had issues with 11.6 ? When I do boot into into

windows gaming does workfine. I think the only other error I had with 11.6 was that the drivers failed

installation or some crap like that. I did find ppl with problems with 11.6 but not the problem I'm having.

My lastest image backup done a few days ago was based on those drivers. I'd be mighty pissed if AMD

screwed my file system up with shitty drivers.

kongfoo911

Did you disable your antivirus and firewall software? If you don't you will have some failed installation of drivers. Uninstall and redo.

I didn't disable mine on 11.4 and it caused some weird artifacts in games...so I just uninstall/reinstall with disabled antivirus/firewall and everything went fine.

LarkStarr

safe mode + uninstall + reinstall.

your files will be perfectly fine.

11.6 was smooth as butter for me.