What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AMD 3600X or XT for sale possibly?

Coach

IMO if you are planning to buy a CPU that you know you will need to sell in the near future, it may be wise to choose one that will be easiest to flip and represent the least risk of loosing money.

GeezerGamer

Coach, do you think a new AMD 3700x for about $400 cdn fits that discription?
Anyone?
Most CPU's are backordered but I could get a 3700x this morning.....Damm I'm going crazy with this!!!

sswilson

Staff member
Anyone?
Most CPU's are backordered but I could get a 3700x this morning.....Damm I'm going crazy with this!!!

That's what I ultimately ordered, but I intend on keeping mine for a year or so and then consider upgrading.

If I were going to try to sell it in the new year, I wouldn't expect to get more than $300 for it, and even that might be a stretch.

GeezerGamer

Well I just ordered a 3700x. I was watching stock at a retailer this morning drop from 7 to 3 over the course of 45mins!!!!
I get the 3700x tomorrow.....done....mentally I'm spent, later I'll be pissed off that I actually had to do this:(
In a few days I'll be frazzled trying to build this thing!!!!!!
Hopefully in the near future I'll get my desired CPU then heads up....I'll be putting a AMD 3700x up for sale. I'll offer it up here first.
Thank-you all

Cheers stay well

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
Well I just ordered a 3700x. I was watching stock at a retailer this morning drop from 7 to 3 over the course of 45mins!!!!
I get the 3700x tomorrow.....done....mentally I'm spent, later I'll be pissed off that I actually had to do this:(
In a few days I'll be frazzled trying to build this thing!!!!!!

Heh... yeah availability for something that'll run on a B550 is crazy at the moment.

To add insult to injury, after the last few days of frantically searching for a processor available for online ordering, targeted google ads are now trolling me with newegg ads for Ryzen processors that are OOS when you click through. :)

Coach

Anyone?
My general statement did not take into account that there is no selection of CPUs at the moment. I think you made the only choice you could at the moment. It is a sellers market right now and you as a buyer had to get whatever was available. I was in the same boat and still am. I guess I got lucky that I could buy an overpriced 5600x as I wait for a 5900x...

Bond007

Glad to hear you were able to get something at a fairly reasonable price.

Maybe in the coming year or so I will look to buy someone's "interim" CPU. A 5600X or 3700X would be a massive gain from my 3770. Time will tell!

Petee_c

I was going to do something scummy, and take advantage of Amazon's return policy and buy a 3700x and return it when my 5600x comes in.... The 3700x was $409 with Prime, but it is now OOS, and the partner retailers want $490 for it...

I currently have a r5 2600, but my son is patiently waiting for it for his 1st build... He's bought the mbb, sdd, case, ram from CC on black friday. He is getting a handme down used 800w PSU, a 1070ti and the CPU from me.

I may see if he wants to buy a r5 1500 from kijiji, there's one listed near me asking $100, and then I can help sell it when he gets my r5 2600.

I checked yesterday, and I am 12th in line for a r5 5600x at my local CC