What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AMD 3600X or XT for sale possibly?

GeezerGamer

Hiya, I just want to explore a possibility.
I have all the parts to put together a total new build except for a new CPU which I have on Order (AMD 5950X). I was thinking to get an older CPU such as an AMD 3600X or 3600XT to get built. Once I get the 5950 I'd like to sell the 3600X or XT minus the bother of selling it online.
Anyone interested in acquiring a slightly used 3600X or XT in a month or two??
At a reduced price of course...???

GTA area for bonus points😁

clshades

I have all the parts to put together a total new build except for a new CPU which I have on Order (AMD 5950X). I was thinking to get an older CPU such as an AMD 3600X or 3600XT to get built. Once I get the 5950 I'd like to sell the 3600X or XT minus the bother of selling it online.

yes I would be interested. Need to start training my kid on FPS games and hopefully have a good retirement on my end lol. He's already playing the PS4 Spiderman game on Ultimate. Though sometimes he says " Dad I had to turn it down to Spectacular because I kept dying." Little shit.

JD

Staff member
It looks like people moved upwards to the 3800X as Amazon Warehouse has 5 "used" ones now, guessing they bought new and returned after they found a 5000 series chip.

I'm not certain you can find any 3600's anymore now.

Coach

This was my plan, I had all the parts already at the end of October. I am waiting for a 5900x. I sweat buying a temporary 3600x for nearly a month thinking that Black Friday may save me a few bucks on a 3600x. Nov 19 I just happened to notice a 5600x at Newegg.ca for an overpriced $450 and jumped on it. So far glad I did.

IMO get something... at the rate things are going you will likely not have an issue selling the temp CPU. What are the odds that AMD floods the market

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
If I purchased a AMD 3900X tomorrow would anyone want to buy it for @ $520 CDN dollars in early 2021?

I hate this effen shortage BS!
Ebay averages is in the high 4's used, minus fees of course.

I know some (lots) are trying to get 500+ for them, but I'm not seeing it in the secondary market for actual finished sales.

FWIW, I sold mine for 400 via EMT to a forum member here.

JD

Staff member
If I purchased a AMD 3900X tomorrow would anyone want to buy it for @ $520 CDN dollars in early 2021?
I think they hit $400USD for Black Friday last week? There's price gouging happening all over, I would say this is a "blip" and things will reset soon.

If you are going down this path, get a 5600X as they are re-stocked routinely. Probably easier to re-sell when the time comes.

Coach

IMO if you are going to get a temp cpu, get a cheap and desirable one.

Latest posts