What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AMD 5000 Series review embargo

Izerous

Folding Team
I have to say watching the GN videos I personally really appreciated seeing the 2700x on his charts since it gives me a really solid reference :)

At 1080p/1440p it is amazing how much (stock for stock) a stock 5600x can lead a 2700x. For gaming only workloads it would have been really easy for me to only justify looking at a 5600x and not needing to look any higher. Gap would be smaller at 4k but it is still impressive. My workload is more than just gaming but having a direct comparison is really nice.

Edit: I don't intend to replace anything else in my system right now keeping the CH7 Hero etc. 5900x I think is what i'm looking at but I'll be waiting to closer to December/January sinice I need to wait for a BIOS update first anyways. I'll never properly leverage a 5950x but I could work a 5900x pretty easily unless I use the excuse of it will replace the quad socket server in the basement...

belgolas

I see stock coming from time to time. Still no 5900x though. I am guessing stock will normalize in a week or two. Still waiting on those mythical RTX 3080s though.

Dwayne

I see stock coming from time to time. Still no 5900x though. I am guessing stock will normalize in a week or two. Still waiting on those mythical RTX 3080s though.

They are still selling what they receive. Not enough, poor supply for whatever reason, but cards are still being sold. But, hey, mythical, all those people, thousands of them, who have bought cards already.

lowfat

Staff member
Saw this on another forum

GeezerGamer

F*** that S***!
That's BH, a whole lot of other retailers out there. It'd be so disappointing if this is wide spread!!!!

lowfat

Staff member
F*** that S***!
That's BH, a whole lot of other retailers out there. It'd be so disappointing if this is wide spread!!!!
BH is a pretty big retailer in the US tho.

Unless you lucky enough to grab one one of the few from a retailer in person, its pretty much impossible to grab one online in Canada. Amazon hasn't sold a single CPU yet. Mike's has received zero stock. Canada Computers and MemEx have got some stock, but nothing sold online. A handful of people were able to get 5600x/5800x from Newegg / Newegg's eBay store. But thats about it.

Dwayne

BH is a pretty big retailer in the US tho.

Unless you lucky enough to grab one one of the few from a retailer in person, its pretty much impossible to grab one online in Canada. Amazon hasn't sold a single CPU yet. Mike's has received zero stock. Canada Computers and MemEx have got some stock, but nothing sold online. A handful of people were able to get 5600x/5800x from Newegg / Newegg's eBay store. But thats about it.

That's a lot of demand for limited supply, eh? Sounds so familiar, and yet some people's reactions are so different :)

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
That's a lot of demand for limited supply, eh? Sounds so familiar, and yet some people's reactions are so different :)
No, they're not Dwayne. It takes time to see if availability actually exists, or if its just excessive demand, or a combo of both. Its been four business days?

Whichever the case is of the above three, AMD's release is easily turning in to a paper launch as well.

There. Do you feel better now? :)

Edit: Here is some news articles about it for your reading pleasure. I'd suggest expanding your regular reading groups if you're not seeing any discussions about this. Also the r/AMD subreddit is littered with people complaining about it, so much so the mods have told people to STFU about it.

Last edited:

Dwayne

No, they're not Dwayne. It takes time to see if availability actually exists, or if its just excessive demand, or a combo of both. Its been four business days?

Whichever the case is of the above three, AMD's release is easily turning in to a paper launch as well.

There. Do you feel better now? :)

You seem to misunderstand my sarcastic observation on AMD fans jumping on NVidia for an attack on AMD. It is not, it is more an observation on the need for AMD fans to pee on everything Intel/AMD.

So no need to get your back up and defend them, I'm sure they will have some stock for us soon.

As for feeling better, I'm retired, I feel great.

Latest posts

Twitter