What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AMD 5000 Series review embargo

Dwayne

Edit: Also, its interesting how our thirst for knowledge has changed to a level of entitlement expecting to know 100% about a product prior to its release. Years ago reviews didnt actually come out at all until retail availability was possible and some dude bought the product on the shelf and did the review.

(for the record I'm not saying anything for/against this, just observing how times change.)

Entitlement? Companies provide review samples in advance of the release date and control when the flow of information is released. This isn't entitlement, this is the way product releases have evolved.

Entz

It's only really an issue when we have supply issues.
Yes it is down to supply issues for sure if you could wait 3 or 4 hours then but it would be fine. Unfortunately this is 2020. I will be surprised if you have more than 5 minutes to blindly pick your choice and buy it … Then you can feel the regret later I guess as you just lit X00$ on fire.

Last edited:

Entz

Entitlement? Companies provide review samples in advance of the release date and control when the flow of information is released. This isn't entitlement, this is the way product releases have evolved.
Exactly.

Its not like Gamers nexus is buying the chips at 9AM and starting the review. Its already on Youtube, edited setup just waiting on the embargo date to make it no longer private. Its an entirely arbitrary thing done by AMD/Nvidia/Intel etc.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Dont get your back up in the air over a word because I used it properly for its meaning. I specifically said "how times have changed", which is another way of saying "the way product releases have evolved", isnt it?

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
How many people who bought multiple 3080s returned them or had an intention to return them? This is completely different. Nvidia didn't have 4 tiers launching on the same day.

Now if the 3060 Ti, 3070, 3080 and all AIB and founders all launched on the same day with 0 reviews then there would be equivalence.
You should probably note that in your statement before typing it next time then, so I can argue in good faith ;)

Dwayne

Yeah I hate the review being the same as the release date. No time to make an informed decisions.

As mentioned in the other thread one may actually want to order both say a 5800X and 5900X and return the one the reviews say align with their goals. This is of couse silly and screws up demand even further but meh what can you do. God willing we will have 10 minutes before the Canada wide stock is gone of all SKUs ...

I am curious to see the difference in performance between what should be a 1 CCD CPU vs a 2 CCD CPU. Will memory latency be enough to give the 5800X a gaming lead?

Entitled consumers need to know :)

Latest posts

Twitter