What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AMD 5000 Series review embargo

sswilson

Staff member
Well.... took a fit and grabbed a 2600X @ $250 (shipping/duty included) off of newegg (sold by newegg, but shipped from the US). That'll fit onto the B550 I ordered and hold me off for a year or so.

IIRC, last time I ordered something from Newegg that came from the US it seemed to go around the world 2 or 3 times before they found Canadian customs.... :) ).

sswilson

Staff member
Crap!!!! WTF is up with that???

Hope I can cancel this bloody thing!

edit: Newegg confirmed the cancellation. Now to find a bloody compatible processor!!!! :(

edit 2: Thanks for the head's up! Never would have thought to check if a B550 board was or wasn't compatible with previous gen ryzens.

djbrad

The cheapest but out of stock are 3100 / 3300x. Then the 3600.

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
The cheapest But out of stock os 3100 / 3300x. Then the 3600

I'd be all over a 3600X at CC's current $280, but it's in store PU only and I can't drive into NS to pick it up. :)

Ah well.... at some point I'll be able to order something online. It just might not be until the new year. gonna drive me nuts staring at new hardware that's missing a piece..... :)

JD

Staff member
3600 non x

I have never ordered from them,but people have in the zen3 madness.

edit: shipping sucks though ~26
They seemed to have some really sketchy business practices, I would avoid them personally.

Amazon.com got a 5600X stock drop just now it seems but doesn't seem like we ever get any here.

sswilson

Staff member
Thought I had a work-around for a 3600X through memX. One of their bundles was showing 2 online stock so the plan would have been to pick it up with a motherboard and then either sell off the motherboard, or hang onto it for use when/if I upgraded to a 5XXX series processor.

Unfortunately, while it allowed me to add the $479 bundle to my cart, once I got in there it was listed as $198(ish) and appeared to only be the motherboard.... :(

sswilson

Staff member
Ah well.... bit the bullet and grabbed a 3700X from Mike's @ $409. It's not the performance of a 5600X but it's a couple of extra threads and it comes with a unicorn puke cooler.... :)

A 5600X would have been my preferred choice, but this is slightly cheaper and I don't have to compete with every other dude out there with an orphaned b550 chipset board for limited online stock.

sswilson

Staff member

And now the bloody thing is showing up as sold by/shipped by amazon w/ free shipping..... :rolleyes:

It's progressing @ Mikes with a "shipping soon" note and my CC's been charged so I guess I'll just leave it as is and eat the $15 shipping + tax.

Not sure if it was on amazon all along and I wasn't seeing it because I was searching for Ryzen 5, but it's there now and it's one of the few sub $600 Ryzens still available online.