What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AMD 5000 Series review embargo

GeezerGamer

Anybody else notice that Newegg is price gouging? Well at least the third party sellers on Newegg. Selling 5600x for $700 and the 5800x for $1000... Oh and $30 shipping to boot. This is why I am shopping there less and less. Canada Computers, Memory Express, and sometimes Mike's are my goto for computer parts these days.
I've noticed Newegg having higher prices.....YES!
But not totally across the board though.
Yeah CC seems very honestly grounded in their pricing!

Lysrin

I laughed at the people who refused to buy the zotac 3080 because it was zotac. In my mind a zotac 3080 is better than no 3080 and you can just sell it for 100% cost when you get what you really want (or just not care)
Yeah that's nonsense. Unless there are reviews with some specific issue with 3000 series Zotac cards that I haven't seen. I've run a couple over the years, and put them in systems I've build for family members. No issues at all.

Izerous

Folding Team
Beta BIOS to support 5000 series cpus is already out for ASUS boards.

Code:
ROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO BIOS 4001
1. Update AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.1.8.0 for new CPU support
2. It’s highly recommended not to update this beta BIOS when using AMD AM4 Socket for AMD Ryzen™ 3000 Series/ 2000 Series/ 1000 Series/ A-Series Desktop Processors.
3. This beta BIOS can only be reversed by BIOS Flashback.

SugarJ

Staff member
Folding Team
I laughed at the people who refused to buy the zotac 3080 because it was zotac. In my mind a zotac 3080 is better than no 3080 and you can just sell it for 100% cost when you get what you really want (or just not care)

Nothing wrong with Zotac cards, I've had multiple cards from different generations of GPU's. I have one now. The one and only RMA I had was painless and with a BC depot. The people bitching about the brand are uninformed. Their AMP Extreme cards are usually one of the best performing custom cards.

FreeKnight

Nothing wrong with Zotac cards, I've had multiple cards from different generations of GPU's. I have one now. The one and only RMA I had was painless and with a BC depot. The people bitching about the brand are uninformed. Their AMP Extreme cards are usually one of the best performing custom cards.
Agreed. I've been very happy with my Zotac card and the Canadian depot is a big plus.

djbrad

Had a ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom 330 as htpc / server running 24/7 for years stable. No problem to trust Zotac on my side.

FreeKnight

980ti AMP extreme. Was an amazing card. Would def buy zotac again.
It's kind of funny how one of the criticisms thrown at the 980ti AMP extreme was how large it was at the time as it was a 2.75 slot GPU. Now that's pretty much become the norm for the 2080Tis and then the 3080 series.

sswilson

Staff member
Had a ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom 330 as htpc / server running 24/7 for years stable. No problem to trust Zotac on my side.

My better half's still rocking the Zotac Nano I5-4200U I snagged for her from NCIX 5 yrs ago.