What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AMD 5000 Series review embargo

JD

Staff member
I guess nobody was lucky with the Newegg.ca 5900X drop earlier this evening? I got to the page, saw the add cart, but was sold out by the time I got to the cart page :(

JD

Staff member
PC- Canada indicates upwards of 500 5950X's coming in mid December?
Believable? Never had any dealings with PC-Canada.
Those numbers are just the distributor's I believe. That's likely how much is coming to Canada as a whole...

Jokester

I've made a few purchases from them. No problems. But that is just my experience, others may not have been as lucky.
Many people have had bad experiences with them changing prices after orders are already placed. A quick Google shows some bad trends with them.

JD

Staff member
Many people have had bad experiences with them changing prices after orders are already placed. A quick Google shows some bad trends with them.
To be fair, it clearly says this now (maybe it didn't before). Any "backordered" item you buy is subject to price changes when it becomes available to ship. They'll email you and you can agree or cancel. I had this happen with an EdgeRouter 4 order in the past, and I declined the increased price. Hassle free, they cancelled it within a few minutes.

I have an order with them from Nov12 for a 5950X @ $1092.99, it's now $1099.99. They only did a pre-auth check on my card, not an actual charge, unlike Mike's that was taking full price upfront. Regardless, it's still $40-50 less than most others. Technically B&H remains the cheapest way to get it here though since $799USD = $1021CAD and they include free shipping and you pay tax/duty upfront.

Entz

I guess nobody was lucky with the Newegg.ca 5900X drop earlier this evening? I got to the page, saw the add cart, but was sold out by the time I got to the cart page :(
missed that one 😕 your best bet is the newegg app and Apple Pay or whatever googles alternative that doesn’t require more than a thumbprint to checkout.

Entz

Those numbers are just the distributor's I believe. That's likely how much is coming to Canada as a whole...
I am not sure how much I would believe their distributers estimates either. There was supposed to be like 2300 5900s coming and stores still only are getting 4 or 5 a week.

Latest posts