What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AMD 5000 Series review embargo

sswilson

Staff member
They do have to split their TSMC time between the gpu, cpu, ps5, and Xbox silicon tho. And demand all of them are high.

I hadn't thought of the consoles being thrown into the manufacturing mix. I wonder if that's the biggest factor in our low stock woes?

It's not likely that both Nvidia and AMD wouldn't have data on how much demand there is for their products, and thus want to fill that demand. There has to be an underlying reason for the lack of stock.

Bond007

I hadn't thought of the consoles being thrown into the manufacturing mix. I wonder if that's the biggest factor in our low stock woes?

It's not likely that both Nvidia and AMD wouldn't have data on how much demand there is for their products, and thus want to fill that demand. There has to be an underlying reason for the lack of stock.

for everything AMD (including consoles) I suspect TSMC capacity is a (if not the) limiting factor.

GeezerGamer

JD

Staff member
I think most inventory on the CPU/GPU front goes to the OEMs/system integrators instead? Alienware has a system with a 3090 in it for roughly $2700 after all coupons, which technically isn't that bad of a deal as you are getting a 3700X, PSU, case, RAM, SSD, etc for that $700.

Likewise, the few people that interacted with ExtremePC, some of them said they bragged about having hundreds of CPUs on hand, but wouldn't sell them directly unless you agreed to outrageous shipping costs.

To me, it feels like the DIY market (which has likely grown in recent years) is only getting the "left overs". Even if there's a lot of bots/scalpers, you don't see a huge amount for resale either, unless there's a black market out there... :unsure:

Coach

To me, it feels like the DIY market (which has likely grown in recent years) is only getting the "left overs"...
I agree with that. Of course the DIY market are just crazy enough for their puters that we will put up with it.

belgolas

If there isn't any stock till next year I might as well wait and see what Intel has in response early next year. And for the 3080 I might as well wait to see if a 3080 Ti comes out.

Coach

Newegg.ca had a few 5600x a few min ago. It seems I got one ordered. $449 though... ouch. I was after the 5900x but oh well. This will at least get the computer built that has been waiting for over a month.

FreeKnight

Newegg.ca had a few 5600x a few min ago. It seems I got one ordered. $449 though... ouch. I was after the 5900x but oh well. This will at least get the computer built that has been waiting for over a month.
I almost pulled the pin on that, but just don't want to buy from Newegg. Increased price, shipping costs and a return/restock of 15%-25% is awful.

I'm lucky that I can wait a little longer for Memex to get some stock hopefully.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Yeah. They're restocked. I'm hovering over the order button, but I cant pull it. I hate newegg...

Latest posts