What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AMD 5000 Series review embargo

sswilson

Staff member
No he's not... he doesn't have one in hand. :)

He was considering buying a 3600XT to fill the empty socket on his motherboard while he waits for the opportunity to purchase a 56/5800X and was checking to see what kind of interest there would have been on that "nearly new" 3600XT once he found one.

That might be moot though... finding sub-$600 Ryzen that's compatible with B550 is getting harder by the day hour and it's not clear if there is any more warehouse stock to refill those empty shelves.

belgolas

Anybody else notice that Newegg is price gouging? Well at least the third party sellers on Newegg. Selling 5600x for $700 and the 5800x for $1000... Oh and $30 shipping to boot. This is why I am shopping there less and less. Canada Computers, Memory Express, and sometimes Mike's are my goto for computer parts these days.

Entz

Those are marketplace (i.e. Scalper) prices. On the right you will see newegg's price of 449. Which itself is above MSRP like a lot of other places but not stupid high like the scalpers.

sswilson

Staff member
Yeah, first thing to do on newegg after a search is to select the "by newegg" toggle at the top L/H corner of the screen.

JD

Staff member
PC-Canada added this to their pages now too:

Attention, this product is highly constrained!​

We want to set the right level of expectation with regards to delivery and pricing for any new and existing orders.​

Due to extraordinary demand for this product our Manufacturer Partners are not committing to ETAs nor guaranteeing pricing. PC-Canada will continue to accept orders for this product, and will fulfill them as stock becomes available. We reserve the right to advise of any price increases prior to shipping. If a price increase should impact your order we will contact you and you will have the option to cancel your order at no charge.

Do you have an Existing Order? Please login to your Account Portal to check your order status. Tracking information will be provided via email once your order has shipped. We thank you for your patience and understanding.

Price has crept up a bit too, the 5950X now sits at $1099.

draemn

I'm starting to get worried about my chances at a CPU... waiting on someone to get a 5900X to sell me their 3600X... and if my GPU ends up being in stock/shipped to me first, idk what I'm gonna do! I kind of just assumed waiting for the GPU would be much longer than the CPU and now stock is a big issues for AMD CPUs. Oh well, I'm sure I'll find some kind of temporary workaround! :(

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
GPU's are much tougher to get than 5k Zens. Much.

I've been trying since release to get a 3080, including day 1 MemEx backorder placed. Still not even close to getting one. 5600x? I've bought two.

Entz

Mikes had a drop of 38+ zotacs 3080s today (well pre-orders for cards on route with orders shipping in ~3) . Lasted about 5 minutes according to Mikes. I would suggest anyone trying to get one to at a minimum hang out on /r/bapcsalescanada or if your able to have a browser running distill up their newsfeed. Chances still suck but at least you have a bit more of a fighting chance.

draemn

I'm going for a 3070 and there is a lot less demand or more supply, or both, so it's starting to look promising that I'll have one in 2 weeks.

I laughed at the people who refused to buy the zotac 3080 because it was zotac. In my mind a zotac 3080 is better than no 3080 and you can just sell it for 100% cost when you get what you really want (or just not care)

Also, I've heard a lot of complaints about lack of 5900/5950X stock, but the 5600X is max a 2 week wait.

Latest posts