What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AMD 955/965 BE price check plus a question or two

ExpendableG4M3R

I am wanting to buy a 955 or a 965 BE used but I don't know what they would be worth. Considering you can buy a 965 BE new for $110. How does depreciation work in PC tech? Once installed it loses 10-20% of its value right away, like a brand new car off the lot? I know sometimes older stuff goes UP in price like my DDR2 ram kit, a guy offered me $40 bucks for it.
Also, does overclocking lower its value? It is shorting its life span by doing so and I can only go off what knowledge of buying used auto parts...guy runs his car hard, usually worth less with all that extra stress put on it.

Cheers,

Last edited:

ExpendableG4M3R

Ok thank you, $75 shipped isn't enough of a discount to risk a used cpu if I can nab a 965 new for $110. Thanks for your input.

Solace

open box usually is about 10-20% less depending on how valuable/common the item is. older gen stuff is usually just based on the same but harder to pinpoint since you actually need to figure out what others are willing to sell at instead of basing it off market price.

Latest posts