What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AMD A8-3850 APU Review: Llano Hits the Desktop Comment Thread

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
We've been hearing about it for years but AMD is finally launching their Fusion architecture into the mid-range desktop market with the Lynx platform's A8 and A6 processors alongside A75 and A55 motherboards. These accelerated processing units (or APUs) integrate a quad core CPU, 400 shader GPU and fully functional Northbridge onto a single die to ...

[ Read full article ]

_dangtx_

Banned
igp performance? sweet mother of jesus h christ!

now that is a spanking!!!

bravo sky.

edit : excellent jobbe amd!!!!!

Keltron 3030

is it just me, or is one of the pages missing?

What page? You saw nothing. *waves hand around*

:bleh:
I.........I saw....... nothing :shok:

EDIT: Just got through the review, and, with all things considered, I am impressed with this chip

With the synthetic CPU benchmarks, I didn't know what to expect, but the results didn't surprise me

IGP Benchmarks: Holy shit! that is one wicked little GPU on-board. this platform would be absolutely fantastic for an entry-level gamer.

Overall, great review man! Cant wait to see how you overclock this bad boy in the near future!

Last edited:

MAC

Associate Review Editor
What page? You saw nothing. *waves hand around*

:bleh:

_dangtx_

Banned
now, i was expecting this thread/review to go viral by now,doesnt seem to be the case for some reason :)

INurHome

You guys knocked this one out of the park. Great job!
I really like where AMD is going with this and Intel needs some competition so I'm gonna pick up a platform.
Perhaps when it comes time to update the overclocking results a separate 'review' with a detailed methodology for success might be the better idea,no?
Cheers

chrisk

Folding Captain
Great for budget builders and simple PCs.

On another note, does the platform for this cpu support Trim?

EmptyMellon

Very nice read

Very nice read, very detailed and very informative; nice job SKYMTL and MAC. I sincerely enjoyed reading it.

Last edited: