What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AMD and NVIDIA Bicker About Antialiasing Cheat in H.A.W.X

FiXT

Hall of Fame
Understandably annoyed at NVIDIA calling out AMD on their image quality changes in their recent release of the Catalyst drivers, AMD has piped back with evidence suggest that NVIDIA is also engaging in some rather questionable image quality practices themselves.The slides below outline how, in HAWX - an NVIDIA "The Way It's Meant to Be Played" tit... [ Read full article ]

Zillerz

so i dont get it.

I'd like to play on hacks.exe and obtain a better quality instead of playing on hawks.exe and get worse quality? what? i dont know what im talking about and i dont know what im reading...

raoul_sanchez

just more useless fodder in the gpu cold war. for those less suceptible to propeganda, it's really meaningless. the brain cells used to process and store that information are better spent killed by alcohol.

mikellini

If you're using HAWX.exe, can you set 16x CSAA? or do you have to change the name of the file to be able to do that? And what happens with AMD cards when you change the name?

U

Unregistered

@mikellini you can enable x16csaa, you just have to use the nVidia control panel instead of the game settings

heflys20

Nick's response reads like a bunch of gibberish.....It just made me more confused....Whatev; neither of these corporations are run by saints.

Last edited:

heflys20

I'm still wondering if AMD cards default to 16x, because if they don't and they run 4x when you set 4x, then I dont see the issue

Yeah, the most telling part would be how their cards perform in the game. Does it cripple AMD cards? That should be what they're trying to prove.

Edit: They might be trying to allude that reviewers are cheating for Nvidia????? Still doesn't make sense.

Last edited:
U

Unregistered

good comment

I spent alot of time trying to think of a good comment for here but to no avail. That article was confusing but after re-reading it, it begins to make more sense. But alas, Raoul really hit the nail on the head with the 'better to have killed those brain cells off with something fun than have wasted it on reading and contemplating this' comment. Cheers.

Latest posts