What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

amd athlon 5600 cpu cooling

asta1800

Just wanted to know if the Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro CPU Cooler is good enough for this cpu. May overclock it to 3GHz, if not adequate , which one would I need, or can I just stick with retail heatsink and fan. Motherboard is Asus M2N-E nForce 570 fanless. thanking all who have a look and respond.<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="97%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=4 height=4><SPACER width="1" height="1" type="block"></TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=center align=left height=30>[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>[/FONT]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

sswilson

Staff member
Did you have a preference as to where to order from?

There may be a better choice, but shipping might be a deal-breaker.

asta1800

found the Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro at cancomputer with shipping and tax will cost less than 40$. But not sure if thats best option. No have no preference as to where I get it from, let me know, thanks.

grinder

eww, the dreaded open fan design. Are you sure you want to do this?

asta1800

Bought my processor there and was supposed to get a memory stick free with processor. I sent them an email after I purchased the cpu informing them that another store had it for 3 dollars less(never asked them to match the price). One week later I recieve my cpu minus the free memory stick, I emailed them and was told because they matched the competitors price(which I never asked to be done) the promotion for the free memory stick($33 value) was cancelled. Damn--if I would of even know that would I have asked for a price matc(which I did not)-don't think so-----so NCIX----------------is banned for me-never will do business with them again and will tell alll about it,lol. I got the Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro for $23.32 at DirectCanada AND the shipping was also cheaper-------------DirectCanada is now the online store of choice-super service and super prices with super delivery---------------TOP NOTCH.

Latest posts