What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AMD Bulldozer FX-8150 Processor Review Comment Thread

punk_zappa

How many more will be out there & tinker with it to find more preformance before giving it a fail ... Alot more ...
I agree that it is not a fail per se but it didn't have the wow factor from all the reviews that came out. It might be useful in a year or 2 but what matters is "NOW". Those who held on to their mighty $$ to get this chip will probably look the other way since there is no significant increase (none at all in some instances) in performance to what AMD has now.

To me, it can be close or can lose to 2500K but the power consumption is something AMD should seriously address. Even a fanboy will have second thoughts with those numbers.

The only good thing for AMD fanboys would be, this chip will drop below 170 in no time!:clap: But then they would probably and should be looking at 2500K:rofl:

tianfeng

The power consumption is what blows me away. So I spend that price on a new processor and then ad a +20 dollars a month to my electric bill. If it wasn't for that i could deal with this.

LarkStarr

That's an interesting thing Varroa has posted. We'll have to wait for some more independent reviews with different boards..

Sipek

I second the idea that HWC try with another motherboard, if it really is Asus, then it's quite misleading if they are the only ones giving these results.

Latest posts

Twitter