What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AMD Bulldozer FX-8150 Processor Review Comment Thread

terrybear

Banned
My cousin and I both have supported AMD for the longest time and had systems prepped to take the new AMD chips.
But when our Thubans are doing just as good for the most part or a few points lower Clock for clock whats the point right? I'm with you on teh support side though. I remember my thunderbird very well.
Its a shame really, hopefully sometime in the future they will have good direction again as well as performance.

ST
Well thats just it if the piledriver revisions can cull the wattage leaks, improve the preformance + the rumored Win 7 kernal mod to support them better ... we may see better preforming FX chips that peaple wont feel so uninterested in buying. And more of the Bi-Core's wouldn't hurt either :thumb:

great_big_abyss

If they're planning on discontinuing the Thubans, they should definately drastically lower the price of the BD's. I would seriously reconsider an 8150 if it was the same price as an 1100T is now.

Soultribunal

Staff member
If they're planning on discontinuing the Thubans, they should definately drastically lower the price of the BD's. I would seriously reconsider an 8150 if it was the same price as an 1100T is now.
Yup. I would be willing to pay for the same as I paid for on my 1090T if they brought the 8150's to that level.

Doubtful though,

-ST

Error 403 Daily Limit Exceeded. The quota will be reset at midnight Pacific Time (PT). You may monitor your quota usage and adjust limits in the API Console: https://console.developers.google.com/apis/api/youtube.googleapis.com/quotas?project=345236864347 : dailyLimitExceeded

Twitter