What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AMD Bulldozer FX-8150 Processor Review Comment Thread

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
As stated by AMD, Piledriver is Zambezi + ~10%. Add even 15% to the numbers we got and it still doesn't look promising, especially with Ivy Bridge availability months and months and months BEFORE Piledriver is even slated to ship to OEMs...

aristhrottle

I actually had to read the Power Consumption graph twice to make sure I wasn't misreading it. Is there any individual or set of individuals that you could recommend this platform for?

Shadowmeph

Great review.
I had a feeling that this is what the out come would be , this is like compare a standard horse to a work horse, the horse will be faster in a lot of thing but the work horse can handle heavier loads, the same thing happened when they did the other six core cpu's. But judging by the Overclocking numbers I am curious to see this overclocked water cooled. The results are also close to the 1100.
One thing though I am curious about is there must be a way to turn off ( or even by pass) the power saving or what ever (Turbo Core and there Max Turbo) if that could be done I bet the numbers would be allot different.

keto

Not to pull traffic away from here, but there are more comprehensive power numbers in the [H] review and they are shocking and disastrous, if you are thinking about overclocking an 8120 or 8150.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
Any folding@home numbers for this CPU?

We didn't have the processor for long enough to get any conclusive F@H numbers unfortunately. Though I am sure there will be some website posting pointless nodes/day numbers and passing those off as actual F@H results.

techman95

comense crying to sleep on my mark.......mark, but seriously WTF?!? how is this supposed to be any thing new i think i have lost my hope for a while in AMD at least in their cpus for the next few years. i see their stock plummeting from this one already, but hopefully this cpu does something good

Ernimus Prime

I was hoping that the FX-8150 would be above i5-2500k and just below the i7-2600k. Man it can't even beat a Phenom II 1100T!!!! AMD, I think you should sell the CPU division and stick to GPU's. Just don't frig that up on us!!!!!

BlueByte

This looks more like Pentium 4 to me.

I was thinking the same thing, I was hoping to put my 1090T into my wife's PC and getting one of these...now...

sigh

good review, how does performance scale with the OC? From what I see OCing 3600 to 4600 should increase cpu scores on avg by ~18.5% (taking into account performance to clock in the turbo core benchmarks). ie I would estimate wprime to be close to 239 seconds @ 4.6Ghz.

Latest posts