What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AMD CPU issue *Update*

Shadowarez

Folding Team
I'll make sure it fits effortlessly if it doesn't just slide in like a glove then I'll repack how get a refund.

Shadowarez

Folding Team
So my new cpu arrived from Newegg I don't want to take the risk as this is what it looked like when I lifted the bubble wrap during shipment it "missed" it's connection multiple times.

What would you guys do?

Attachments

• 1631548474942.png
    1631548474942.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 26
  • 1631548487009.png
    1631548487009.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 26

sswilson

Staff member
You've documented the condition of the packaging as it was when you received it, if it were me, I'd have a look at the processor itself and install it to check for serviceability.

Was this a sold by Newegg product or a third party seller? (If it was a third party I might be inclined to process a return immediately and reverse the CC if I got any blowback from them).

gingerbee

I would open it but document the whole process on video and check the CPU if it looks fine I would see if it works, my understanding you live far up north so sending it back and waiting for another one could be quite a long time, but that's me

Shadowarez

Folding Team
Yeah this one took over a week I tested the setup with my 5600x I was saving for another build it works. I'll start a claim see if they can send another ad I send this back

JD

Staff member
I don't understand why AMD hasn't made their packaging more rigid. Reports like yours are all over the internet, regardless of seller. The box is way to big and flimsy especially when there's no heatsink in it.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Box def looks like it got crushed in shipping. Report it.

I'd definitely have a look at the blister pack the CPU is in though, maybe its fine ;) At this point it doesnt really matter if its mashed, or not.

Latest posts

Twitter