What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AMD CPU upgrade from Athlon 4x 640 3k to Phenom II x6 2.9g 1065T-95, maybe 3.4 later?

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Cant tell from that picture where the jumper is. But I can tell that the battery is still in.

Not sure what a wifi card or 2260 have to do with this though.

jrstrong69

Between the batter and the 3 PCIe slots there is a mini wifi card 'slot' on the motherboard!

I'm hypothesizing about the possibility of removing the wifi card, and inserting some kind of 128g m.2 or nvme card, but only 2260 size?

I'll read that post from moocow, thanks?

jrstrong69

I've been to the page before, in my search for an actual 6.11 bios, or the possible 6.11a bios, but it didn't lead me to one! Can anybody point me to one please?

moocow

If you're looking to reset the BIOS, you need to refer to the page I posted. Read the Clear CMOS Setting section, it gives you the exact location of the jumper. You can't jam a NVME SSD card in that slot. That's a PCI-E x1 mini, so it's for WiFi only. You need to stop thinking about all these upgrade stuff and try to get your machine to boot first. One problem at a time.

There should be a serial number on the back of the case, plug that into the support page then find out what exactly you can download. You can manually find the download page using Google but I'm not going to post that here because I'm not even sure if you got the right PC model to start with.

jrstrong69

Turn computer off and unplug
Pop CMOS battery out (the small coin sized battery on the motherboard)
move a jumper usually near the battery for 10-20 seconds then put it back (not any jumper but a specific jumper)
put the battery back in
turn it back on

Its been 10-20 minutes out, but WHERE IS THIS JUMPER? the $5 aliexpress.com wifi minicard. Or a 2260 m.2 or nvme card?

I found the cmos/bios jumpers, switched them, waited 10-20 sec, but it didn't help?

still bricked...

Jeff

Izerous

Folding Team
You put the battery back and the jumper back to where they were before trying to reboot right?

Bond007

A basic set of questions:

1. was this fully working before you swapped the cpu?

2. Is it working Now, if you put the old cpu back it?

3. when you did the bios update was everything working afterwards?

KaptCrunch

0o hope you used MB update software to update bios

yes use your orginal CPU and MB update software

NOTE: if say firmware not match don't do it.
also know all MB makers use different chip vendors but still have same name of MB only difference is revision RevX.xx written on MB for they built a ford car model with with a chev engine.

Latest posts

Twitter