What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AMD DID IT! This Ryzen 9 Notebook Is AMAZING - Zephyrus G14 Review

sswilson

Staff member
Folding Team
I don't mind 15", but personally find 17" wayyyy too unwieldy for a laptop format unless it's a "I'm never going to move this" desktop replacement, but at that point I'd question why you wouldn't just grab a decent monitor if it's going to be in a fixed location.

Entz

It depends massively on weight as well though. I really don't mind the blade size or ideally the GS65 which is within a 1/2 a lb. For gaming your going to have it on a desk anyways less you burn a hole in your pants.

You tend to give up on expansion with a 14". I really wish this had 2 ram slots. This with 64gb would actually make for an amazing work machine lol.

Really wish there was more than 1 design at launch, especially in the HS line, but world being what it is... apparently this embargo moved very recently according to Anandtech and not everyone was told :cautious: Go AMD PR

JD

Staff member
You tend to give up on expansion with a 14". I really wish this had 2 ram slots. This with 64gb would actually make for an amazing work machine lol.
Yeah, some odd design decisions here. My AW13R3 has dual M.2 slots as well as the dual DIMMs, both readily accessible by removing the bottom cover. It seemed like there was enough space in there to do it as well.

Hopefully we'll see some other companies put out their models soon too.

Latest posts

Twitter