What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AMD FSR (FidelityFX Super Resolution) tested

Bond007

I will be honest in that I didn't have much hope for FSR based on what little info was floating around. This initial review by techpowerup makes me think that it may actually be better implemented than I was expecting. A couple snips:

"From a quality standpoint, I have to say I'm very positively surprised by the FSR "Ultra Quality" results. The graphics look almost as good as native. In some cases they even look better than native rendering."
"Even the "Ultra Quality" preset, which offers the highest image quality, gives you a neat 25-40% increase in frame rates"
"...if you own an older graphic card and a 4K display, the output of "FSR Performance" will look MUCH better than simply rendering at 1080p and letting the monitor or GPU upscale the output to your monitor's native 4K—I tested it. FSR Performance, which renders at 1920x1080, even looks better than 1440p upscaled to 4K."

Obviously it's opinion based, and there are some downsides, but I didn't expect it to be this well received out of the gate. When you consider pretty much every title will be optimized for AMD through PS5/XSX, this bodes well for it improving and getting adoption relatively quickly.

Entz

Digital foundry review compared it to unreal engines TAAU and it looks kinda crapy in comparison. Decent for v1 but i needs to be better IMO.

moocow

GN and HWUB reviews placed it to be good but don't expect it to be awesome. I'm more interested in the fact that it should be open standard and don't need the damn Tensor cores. Might not be as good as DLSS 2.0 but man if they can screw Nvidia by making it easier to adopt, it would be great.

Latest posts