What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AMD Game Build

AurosGamer

Out of the Box.png
The temps out of the box and during game playing were higher that I expected. Reaching 81c

I replaced the factory applied TIM on the Corsair H100i with MX4. I used BIOS to find a "Game Setting" that provided the FPS and temps that are more reasonable.

My new 24/7 Game Settings Temps now average 70c Note: After the TIM sets in the average temp is now 64c

GameSettings.jpg

Last edited:

AurosGamer

Bios F33e 3.12.21

"With AMD Smart Access Memory, the data channel gets expanded to harness the full potential of GPU memory, utilizing the bandwidth of PCI Express® to remove the bottlenecks and increase performance."

1. Enter the System BIOS.

2. Navigate to Advanced Settings or Advanced menu

3. Enable “Above 4G Decoding” and “Re-Size BAR Support”

CineBench R 23 Enabled Score 9777 Disabled 9626

24/7 OC now stable at 4350 Mhz

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Its interesting you got a score increase, as Resizeable BAR requires 3 things to work -
  1. 3000/5000 series CPU,
  2. Motherboard bios support, and,
  3. GPU bios support.
Unless I'm mistaken your GPU doesnt have BAR support yet. I dont believe any (or very very few) manufacturers have released one yet.

My guess is that the score increase is actually from AGESA improvements with PBO, or memory improvements in the bios.

AurosGamer

I agree that my GPU does not have BAR support. Should I disable the BAR in bios or just leave the settings "Enabled" since I ran Cine-Bench in both Bios settings

Thanks for your comments

clshades

Just a small piece of advice from my dealings with the Ryzens. I didn't use XMP profiles due to temperatures and power usage. I've set my CPU's (3600 and 3900) to their highest stable limit and set the ram manually to 3600. The core volts are 1.3v maxed. I saw a 15c temp drop on the 3900 and still have some playing around to do on the 3600.

All core on the 3900 is just past 4.3ghz. 3600 is around 4ghz. With XMP on the 3900 I was seeing volts bounce off 1.5.

Some other guys here have gone much further into the overclocking realm with Ryzen Master, a program I didn't like much.

Sagath

Staff member
Folding Team
Just a small piece of advice from my dealings with the Ryzens. I didn't use XMP profiles due to temperatures and power usage. I've set my CPU's (3600 and 3900) to their highest stable limit and set the ram manually to 3600. The core volts are 1.3v maxed. I saw a 15c temp drop on the 3900 and still have some playing around to do on the 3600.

All core on the 3900 is just past 4.3ghz. 3600 is around 4ghz. With XMP on the 3900 I was seeing volts bounce off 1.5.

Some other guys here have gone much further into the overclocking realm with Ryzen Master, a program I didn't like much.
Just get a copy of 1usmus Clock Tuner for Ryzen (CTR). Its like 3 clicks to do everything automagically, but better :)

Soultribunal

Staff member
The only thing I would add to this would be a bump to 32GB of RAM in the near future.

16GB no longer feels like enough (At least for my usage scenerios).

Nice build,

-ST

AurosGamer

Thanks, with Adrenalin 21.9.1 BAR is (Bios Settings) enabled with my XFX 5600XT. The increase in FPS (usual games) has increased by 8%.
The BAR is also enabled in my RX 590 Fat Boy. AMD knows how to support their consumers. Also I have enabled the auto OC feature under Tuning -Performance. Passes all stress tests.

CORRECTION: Adrenalin Control Panel indicates SAM is enabled but it is not. Confusing...after some reading Zen 2 CPU's do not support SAM. Same issue with the RX590 CP indicates SAM is enabled but no. How did I verify, GPU-Z shows disbled, under device manager/display adapters/resources "large memory is not indicated"

The 8% increase is from Auto Tuning. Not SAM

Last edited:

Latest posts

Twitter