What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AMD Limits RX 6800 XT Clocks to 2.8Ghz ! RX 6700 XT and 6900 XT Limited Too!

Gav

Administrator
Staff member
Folding Team

Let’s get started with AMD. despite the atrocious launch of their RX 6800 series of GPU’s, I know, you can’t get one, I can’t get one, and the shelves are empty, we can still talk about the cards, thanks to the people who do have one.

Overclocker maniac Derbauer recently made a video about the 6800 XT giving us some insight into overclocking AMD’s current top card. Unfortunately, it’s more bad than good. While his red devil card proved to be an excellent overclocker, Derbauer hit a clock ceiling.

To his surprise, it seems like AMD set a clock limit in the bios which makes the 6800XT top out at 2800 MHZ. while he’s not 100% sure that AMD set this clock limit he says that he contacted Powercolor to see if he could have an unlocked bios, and Powercolor responded saying that they can change pretty much everything except for the clock limit. Seems like an AMD limit to me.

Latest posts

Twitter