What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AMD Makes History Again!

Mr. Friendly

it's been 10 or more years since AMD could say they had the fastest single threaded CPU performance...but the 5600X just took that crown on Passmark. and they didn't take it by just a hair...but by a 10%, which is nothing to sneeze at!

I hope Tiger Lake-S is really good.

Entz

Cries in Sandy-bridge ... This will quite literally be double the ST performance of a 3930k :ROFLMAO:

Took long enough, geeze

1315C916-A327-482B-9C8D-CB2677178F7C.jpeg

CMetaphor

Quadfather
Took long enough, geeze

There was some market fixing by Intel, in case you've forgotten. AMD always had better innovations, IMO, and were only held back by their smaller size due to Intel's immoral BS. And yet despite that, they made APUs mainstream, got their chips into two generations of consoles (or more, who knows?), invested insanely well, got the smallest and most efficient transistor size and more.

In short, they've more than earned their place at the top. I've always been a proud AMD fan, not only because of Intel's business "strategies" but because I honestly thought they innovated far more.

Now, a couple of decades later, I've been proven Right.