What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AMD Makes New HD 7000-series Price Cuts Official

Dzzope

660 and 550ti on the way?

The 660ti having the same architecture bar the limited memory bus confirmed for me that they wanted to clean the line up a bit and make the new ti the previous 448. Though how well it did is debatable.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
All I can say is that the build-up to back to school and then Christmas will be very...VERY interesting.

sswilson

Staff member
Hrmmmm.... the pricing on the 78XX cards comes in pretty well in light of my comments in the review thread. Good to see gaming capable cards for sub-$200

lkramer

Damn, I just purchased a 7870 a few days, I should have waited for the price drop. But at least my employee discount and the mail in rebate covers most if not all of the difference in cost.

kirbster

just picked up an XFX 7870 for $219 after $30 MIR at NCIX. Lots of card for the money there.

terrybear

Banned
The thing that makes it worst is for us whom are dependant upon reselling the existing card to hop up another model ... this makes possibly upgrading to a 7950 card for me next to not being feasable probly ... :|

great_big_abyss

The thing that makes it worst is for us whom are dependant upon reselling the existing card to hop up another model ... this makes possibly upgrading to a 7950 card for me next to not being feasable probly ... :|

Yes, but the next higher model is cheaper...

I paid $450 for my 7950PCS+ back in February...that price is now down over $100... the price difference from one model to the next is the same.

Bond007

But it makes it cheaper to crossfire if you choose to go that route.

terrybear

Banned
But it makes it cheaper to crossfire if you choose to go that route.

Shure ... IF ya can find a matching 7870 card & with equal clocks on it + the ps/case cooling for it. From what I hear i might be lucky & have 1 of the cherry gpu's with it being able to hit 1.2 ghz on stock cooler AND it's a powercolor card as most ppl hate power color !! :rofl:

Latest posts