What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AMD Projections???

Babrbarossa

I'm just durious to see how people around the forum see the next year coming together (or falling apart) for AMD- personally I think things are on the verge of a steady upswing, and because I'm not afraid to put my money where my mouth is, I bought 100 shares in the company today at the rock-bottom (hopefully) price of 14.00 USD per share. What are your thoughts on the next three quarters?

note: just checked the clsoing price- I made a dollar today- haha

Last edited:

sswilson

Staff member
Not sure about the 3 quarters or so, but I see big things in the works over the next couple of years.

I suspect the R&D that comes out of the AMD/ATI partnership will result in new tech that will fundementally change the way that chipsets/procs/vid cards interface with each other, and thus, the way we purchase computer hardware.

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
I see intel dominating the market for the next year but AMD looks ready to hit its stride in Q4 of this year.

On the other hand, I see AMD having serious problems with the ATI merger for at least the next 2 generations of graphics cards. IMO, the launch of the ATI DX10 cards is make or break time for the ATI/AMD marriage. I still remember Hector Ruis (head of AMD) promising no more delays and consistent hard launches of ATI's future products. Hector isn't one to have pie thrown in his face twice and the first pie was when the R600 was delayed. If the DX10 cards don't have a hard launch we will see the end of ATI within 9 months.

Latest posts

Twitter