What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AMD Radeon R9 295X2 Performance Review Comment Thread

TTC

Ah thanks for the input! I wonder if this thing is easier to deal with than crossfire. Can you disable crossfire on it? Does it show two different gpus when using Afterburner or does it only see 1.

MARSTG

Was AMD lacking that much inspiration when they took a number from a past nVidia line-up to name their card?

mattydies

Was AMD lacking that much inspiration when they took a number from a past nVidia line-up to name their card?

An AMD '295' of some sort was destined to happen. The next generation of AMD cards is too far off for it to not happen. It's part of their 200 series so lets keep it simple. sorta.

mattydies

In the future i expect we will see versions come out with a full cover AIO block that can be removed to just leave the block and g 1/4 fittings...

Intriguing idea. I am mildly familiar with AIO water cooling but opening the loop letting air in, changing fluid - it could not be returned to a true AIO? By this I mean even if you attempt to reinstall the AIO cooling systems fluid is no longer 'permanent'?

Naturally if you open the AIO loop in favor of custom - the odds of wanting to go back are likely pretty low.

Latest posts