What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AMD Retail Prices

Cannon Fodder

TBH, I think its just inflation. Well, that and corporate greed, of course ;)

Methinks you hit the nail on the head right there.

Given the current world climate and 'supply constraints' (god I'm getting tired of that phrase) I'm amazed prices havnt shot up more across all parts. RAM in particular seems extremely cheap given all the other price bumps...

Amen to THAT!!! That phrase seems to be getting OVERUSED, and now comes off as the 'go-to' phrase to explain the 1st part of your post, that I quoted and bolded above. :rolleyes:

ipaine

Last I read was that AM5 is supposed to be until 2025 or longer…if I remember right
Yea that is what they have said.

My take is if you are on a 5000 series and x570 then no point in going to 7000 series and x670. If you are on 2000 or 3000 series then maybe get a 5000 series CPU and last another year or two.

If you are on first gen Ryzen and you are feeling that urge then maybe the new ones are right. And while the motherboards are stupid pricey as mentioned by Bond007, it should last for at least a few years and give you the chance to upgrade the CPU down the road.

Izerous

Folding Team
Likely good for 3-4 years then am5+ release with partial backwards compatibility as we have seen with am3/am4

lowfat

Staff member
Last edited:

Izerous

Folding Team
WTF. It goes on sale the day after I ordered. Anyone have experience trying to get Amazon to refund the difference?

EDIT: Nope. Have to send the old one back and reorder it. Unreal...
One of the perks of having memory express so close if they drop the price within 15 days of your purchase or something like that you can go in and get cash back or they can credit your account with nothing more than an email etc

Latest posts