What's new
  • Please do not post any links until you have 3 posts as they will automatically be rejected to prevent SPAM. Many words are also blocked due to being used in SPAM Messages. Thanks!

AMD RX 590 Review - The Card We Don't Need COMMENT THREAD

SKYMTL

HardwareCanuck Review Editor
Staff member
The AMD Radeon RX590 is a "new" GPU that's based on old technology. But our performance benchmarks may tell a different story when the RX590 is compared against the RX580 and GTX 1060 6GB.

Read more here: https://hardwarecanucks.com/video-cards/amd-rx-590-review/

Sorry this one is a bit late guys but was on a plane back from overseas. Enjoy...as usual. :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:

Dwayne

<s>Hmm maybe intentional, but on the first page on the chart, you list it as a RX 580 :)</s>

Anyway, mid to low end, there is a market when you see all the GTX 1060s on the Steam survey. And of course, NVidia and board partners will come out with their answer shortly, but at what price?

Last edited:

Bond007

I am surprised the slight die shrink didn't help more with power. That said I agree with the card being priced a bit too high. I would recommend people looking to get into this type of card to cross shop both AMD cards...basically, if the games are of value to you get the 590, and if not get the 580. If the price gap drops it would be easier to recommend.

FreeKnight

So many new releases this year, yet I'm running out of 'yawns'.

(Though there's an obvious argument if we should even call this a *new* release)

MARSTG

This card is a tactical mistake from AMD's part : there are a few other options they should have gone with. Release it on 7nm, release it at the same price as RX580, take a page from nVidia book and use defective Vega cores to make a Vega 32 ( the gtx1060 with gddr5x is made with cutdown GP104 chips ), many other ways, but not this. How do you explain to consumers that while you use a smaller manufacturing node, your new product is more expensive and power hungrier than your existing product stack while using the same architecture ? It sure beats the 1060 6GB but the extra price and power requirements will simply make it undesirable .

moocow

Yeah pretty much a Sad Panda here regarding the performance. I was hoping for more of a jump at the same price while they drop 580's MSRP.

CTA

is "The Card We Don't Need" the conclusion? If so then get nvidia card? well lets wait for Black Friday and Cyber Monday)

(dont mean to flame tho)

upcoast604

Eh whatever a card is a card and fps is fps, why dis on another gpu option clearly aimed at mid range, no ones hiding anything.

I really don't see black Friday bringing much to the table with a slumping Canadian $, I just checked the price of the EVGA SC Gaming GTX1060 $360 I paid less than $330 during the mining craze see where I'm going with the CDN $ even the GTX1070 isn't looking to good at $520ish.

Sure the RX 590 is $400 but it's still less than a GTX1070 and the RX 590 comes with 3 games to me it's just another choice like the GTX1070ti was to the GTX1070. Between the elitists and slumping dollar there's not much anyone can do about climbing prices other than don't buy it.

Soultribunal

Staff member
I can't believe the power draw on this card. It's just nuts.

Usually when the refine designs and tinker you tend to get something better. This thing is just not something I see being widely adopted.

AMD, I really hope you have a rabbit to pull out in 2019.
I am a Nvidia guy but I hate the market dominance they have right now. (It's sad when I am hoping Intel can do something to step up in AMD's place)

-ST

Latest posts